Humidifiers are often a necessary evil in the winter months, but do you know how to use them safely? In this article, we’ll be looking at how to add essential oils to a humidifier and safely use it, so that you can relax and enjoy the cool air throughout the winter.
What are Essential Oils?
Essential oils are a type of natural pesticide. They come from plants and can be used in diffusers to help control pests.
What are the Benefits of Using Essential Oils in a Humidifier?
Essential oils are becoming more popular in the world of aromatherapy. They are known for their numerous benefits, including helping to improve mood and relaxation, relieving pain and inflammation, helping to cleanse the air of toxins, and restoring the immune system. Although essential oils can be used in many different ways, they are especially beneficial when used with a humidifier.
Here are a couple of reasons why you should add essential oils to your humidifier:
- Essential oils work better when they are warm and moist. This is because they increase blood circulation and help to ease tension headaches, body aches and pain, toothaches, sore throats, infection control, asthma relief, and more. When added to a humidifier, these benefits become even more pronounced as the essential oils work their magic in a warm and moist environment.
- Essential oils can help to improve your sleep quality. Studies have shown that adding aromatherapy products like essential oils to your bedtime routine can help improve your sleep quality by reducing stress levels and improving moods. In addition, essential oil inhalants such as lavender oil have been found to be helpful for people with allergies who suffer from congestion during sleep.
How to Add Essential Oils to Your Humidifier
Adding essential oils to your humidifier can help to improve your health. Essential oils are extracted from plants and are known for their many benefits, such as treating respiratory problems, reducing inflammation, and helping to calm the nerves.
To add essential oils to your humidifier, follow these steps:
- Fill your humidifier with water.
- Add the desired amount of essential oil concentrate.
- Close the humidifier lid and turn it on.
- Allow the humidifier to run until the water becomes saturated with oil vapor.
- Remove the essential oil bottle from the humidifier and enjoy!
As a natural health enthusiast, you may be wondering if you can add essential oils to your humidifier. While there is no harm in trying this out, it is important to be aware of the potential risks before doing so. If you are not familiar with how essential oils work and their potential side effects, I recommend speaking to a doctor or licensed aromatherapist before adding them to your humidifier.