You don’t need to be a professional essential oil distiller to make your own oregano oil at home. In fact, it’s quite easy to do with just a few simple ingredients and some patience! Read on to find out how.
How To Make Oregano Essential Oil
The process of making essential oils is not as complicated as you might think. In fact, you can make your own oregano essential oil right at home with just a few simple ingredients and supplies. Keep reading to learn how!
You Will Need:
-1 cup of fresh oregano leaves (or 1/2 cup of dried oregano leaves)
-1 cup of carrier oil (such as olive oil, jojoba oil, or fractionated coconut oil)
-A small glass jar or bottle with a tight-fitting lid
-A dark colored glass bottle for storing the finished essential oil
-A strainer or coffee filter
1. Start by adding the oregano leaves to the glass jar or bottle. If using fresh leaves, be sure to chop them up into smaller pieces first.
2. Pour the carrier oil over the leaves until they are completely covered.
3. Tightly screw on the lid and shake the mixture well.
4. Place the jar in a sunny spot and let it sit for 2-3 weeks, shaking it once daily.
5. After 2-3 weeks, strain out the leaves using a coffee
Benefits Of Using Oregano Essential Oil
There are many benefits of using oregano essential oil. This powerful oil has been used for centuries to treat a variety of ailments. Oregano essential oil is known to be antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory. It can be used to treat respiratory infections, skin conditions, and digestive issues.
Oregano essential oil is also said to boost the immune system, increase energy levels, and improve circulation. This versatile oil can be used in a diffuser, added to a bath or massage oil, or diluted and applied topically to the skin.
If you’re looking for an all-natural way to improve your health and well-being, oregano essential oil is definitely worth trying!
How To Use Oregano Essential Oil
There are many ways that you can use oregano essential oil in order to improve your health and well-being. Here are some of the most popular ways to use this potent oil:
1. Add a few drops of oregano essential oil to your diffuser and enjoy the benefits of aromatherapy.
2. Mix a few drops of oregano essential oil with a carrier oil such as jojoba oil or coconut oil and apply it topically to your skin. This can help to soothe inflammation and skin conditions such as psoriasis and eczema.
3. Add a few drops of oregano essential oil to your bathwater for a relaxing and therapeutic experience.
4. Mix a few drops of oregano essential oil with water in a spray bottle and use it as a natural disinfectant around your home.
5. Add a few drops of oregano essential oil to your favorite recipes for an added boost of flavor and nutrition.