You might not think of nutmeg as being an essential oil, but it actually has a wide variety of uses! From easing digestive issues to relieving stress and anxiety, this versatile oil can do it all. Best of all, it’s easy to make your own nutmeg essential oil at home with just a few simple ingredients.
How To Make Nutmeg Essential Oil
If you’re looking for a unique, homemade gift, why not try making your own nutmeg essential oil? Nutmeg essential oil has a warm, spicy scent that’s perfect for Fall and Winter. Plus, it’s easy to make! Here’s how:
1. Start with fresh, whole nutmegs. You’ll need about 6-8 nutmegs for every 1 ounce of oil you want to make.
2. Place the nutmegs in a clean glass jar.
3. Pour in a carrier oil of your choice. Sweet almond oil or jojoba oil are both good choices.
4. Screw on the lid and shake well to combine.
5. Place the jar in a dark, cool place and allow the mixture to infuse for 4-6 weeks, shaking occasionally.
6. After 4-6 weeks, strain the mixture through a coffee filter or cheesecloth into a clean glass bottle. Store in a cool, dark place and enjoy!
Benefits Of Using Nutmeg Essential Oil
There are many benefits to using nutmeg essential oil, including its ability to relieve pain, improve circulation, and fight inflammation. Nutmeg oil can also be used to help improve cognitive function and memory. Additionally, nutmeg essential oil has antispasmodic and sedative properties, making it an effective natural treatment for anxiety and insomnia.
How To Use Nutmeg Essential Oil
If you’re looking for a way to use nutmeg essential oil, here are a few ideas!
– Add a few drops to your favorite lotion or cream and apply it topically.
– Diffuse a few drops in your home or office to enjoy the uplifting aroma.
– Add a drop or two to your next bath for a relaxing and invigorating experience.