Myrrh oil has been used for centuries in religious ceremonies and as a natural remedy for a variety of ailments. It’s made from the resin of the Myrrh tree, which is native to Africa and the Middle East.
How To Make Myrrh Essential Oil
If you’re looking for a natural way to add some fragrance to your home, DIY essential oils are a great option! Myrrh oil has a sweet, earthy scent that’s perfect for creating a relaxing atmosphere. Plus, it’s easy to make your own myrrh oil at home with just a few simple ingredients.
Here’s what you’ll need:
-1 ounce of myrrh resin
-1 cup of olive oil
-A glass jar
-A dark-colored glass bottle
To make the oil, start by heating the olive oil in a pan over low heat. Then, add the myrrh resin and stir until it’s completely dissolved. Once the resin has dissolved, remove the pan from the heat and let it cool.
Next, pour the mixture through a strainer into the glass jar. Then, transfer the oil to the dark-colored glass bottle and store it in a cool, dark place. When you’re ready to use it, simply add a few drops to your diffuser or humidifier.
Benefits Of Using Myrrh Essential Oil
There are many benefits to using myrrh essential oil, which is why it has been used for centuries in traditional medicine. Myrrh oil is known to be antibacterial, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory, making it an effective treatment for a wide variety of conditions.
Myrrh essential oil can be used to treat skin conditions such as acne, eczema, and psoriasis. It is also effective in treating wounds and preventing infection. Myrrh oil can also be used to relieve pain, reduce inflammation, and improve circulation.
In addition to its many health benefits, myrrh essential oil also has a pleasant scent that can be used in aromatherapy. Myrrh oil can help to relax and calm the mind, ease stress and anxiety, and promote restful sleep.
How To Use Myrrh Essential Oil
Myrrh essential oil has been used for centuries for its myriad of benefits. from skincare to spiritual practices, this oil has a lot to offer! Here are some ways you can use myrrh essential oil in your daily life:
1. Add a few drops to your moisturizer or face cream for an extra boost of hydration and nourishment.
2. Mix with a carrier oil like jojoba or coconut oil and massage into your skin after showering for soft, glowing skin.
3. Create a natural toothpaste by mixing myrrh oil with baking soda and water. This mixture will help to clean your teeth and gums while also freshening your breath.
4. Dilute myrrh essential oil with a carrier oil and use it as a natural perfume or cologne. The warm, woodsy scent is perfect for fall and winter months.
5. Use myrrh oil in a diffuser to fill your space with its grounding, centering aroma. This is especially beneficial during times of stress or anxiety.