If you love the smell of lavender, you’re in for a treat! Not only is this essential oil incredibly fragrant, it also has a wide range of benefits for your health and wellbeing. From reducing stress to alleviating headaches, lavender oil is the perfect natural remedy for a variety of ailments. Best of all, it’s easy to make your own at home with just a few simple ingredients.
How To Make Lavender Essential Oil
Lavender essential oil is one of the most popular and versatile oils used in aromatherapy. Its calming and relaxing properties make it ideal for use in a diffuser or added to a bath. You can also DIY your own lavender oil at home with just a few simple ingredients.
To make lavender essential oil, you will need:
1. Add the lavender flowers to the glass bottle or jar.
2. Pour the carrier oil over the lavender, using the funnel if needed. Make sure the flowers are completely covered by the oil.
3. Secure the lid on the jar and shake well to combine.
4. Place the jar in a sunny spot and let it infuse for 2-3 weeks, shaking occasionally.
5. After 2-3 weeks, strain the oil through a cheesecloth or coffee filter into another glass container. Discard the lavender flowers
Benefits Of Using Lavender Essential Oil
There are many benefits to using lavender essential oil, including relaxation, improved sleep, and reduced stress. Lavender oil can also be used to improve skin health, relieve pain, and boost immunity.
How To Use Lavender Essential Oil
There are so many ways to use lavender essential oil! You can add a few drops to your diffuser to enjoy the calming scent, or apply it topically to your skin. You can even make your own DIY products with lavender oil, like this lavender sugar scrub or these lavender linen sprays.
If you’re new to using essential oils, be sure to do a patch test first to make sure you don’t have any sensitivities. Also, remember that a little goes a long way – start with just a few drops and increase as needed.