Most of us are familiar with essential oils and how they can be used to power up our moods and destress. There is a way that you can create your own hyssop essential oil for a fraction of the cost, and it doesn’t require any fancy equipment!
How To Make Hyssop Essential Oil
Hyssop essential oil is a beneficial oil that can be used to soothe the skin and respiratory system. Hyssop essential oil can also be used in aromatherapy to relax the mind and body. In this tutorial, we will show you how to make your own hyssop essential oil.
To make hyssop essential oil, you will need hyssop leaves, distilled water, carrier oil (such as jojoba or olive), and a funnel.
- Fill a small bowl with distilled water and set it aside.
Place the hyssop leaves into the funnel and pour the distilled water over them. Secure the funnel with a rubber band or piece of cloth so that the leaves are submerged in the water.
- Let the leaves soak for 24 hours. After 24 hours, drain the leaves and place them in a glass jar or bottle.
- Add enough carrier oil to fill the jar or bottle up to an inch from the top. The amount of carrier oil you use will depend on your desired concentration of hyssop essential oil.
- Tighten the lid on the jar or bottle and store it in a cool dark place
Benefits Of Using Hyssop Essential Oil
Hyssop essential oil is a plant-based extract that is known for its numerous benefits. Here are five of the most notable:
- Hyssop essential oil can help calm and resolve anxiety.
- It can help improve moods and relieve stress and anxiety.
- It can be used to treat respiratory issues, such as bronchitis and emphysema.
- It can also help improve circulation and reduce inflammation.
- Finally, it has antioxidant properties that could help reduce the risk of disease.
How To Use Hyssop Essential Oil
Hyssop essential oil is a volatile oil that has been used as a herbal remedy for centuries. It is known to be helpful in treating respiratory problems, skin conditions, and headaches. Here are four ways to use hyssop essential oil:
- In a small bowl, combine 2 drops of hyssop essential oil with 3-4 drops of carrier oil such as jojoba or olive oil. Apply this mixture to your feet or hands before bed to help you fall asleep and relax.
- Add 1-2 drops of hyssop essential oil to a diffuser or aromatherapy kit and enjoy the natural scent throughout the room.
- Add 1-2 drops of hyssop essential oil to a bathtub filled with hot water. Soothe your muscles and joints with this relaxing bath.
- Mist 1-2 drops of hyssop essential oil on your forehead before bed to help you fall asleep and get a good night’s sleep.
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t want to buy expensive essential oils just to use them in a few drops here and there. But that doesn’t mean you can’t make your own! In this article, we’ll show you how to make your own hyssop essential oil using only items you probably already have in your home. By following our simple steps, you’ll be able to create an essential oil that is effective and safe for use in various household tasks. So go ahead — give our DIY hyssop essential oil recipe a try!