Making your own essential oil is a fun and easy process that you can do at home. All you need to do is boil the leaves and stems in water for about 20 minutes, then cool them down and strain the liquid into an empty bottle. Here’s how to get started!
How To Make Geranium Essential Oil
If you’re looking for a way to add a little bit of fragrance to your day, consider making your own essential oil of geranium. This flower has a sweet, floral scent that is perfect for adding an extra burst of happiness to any room. Plus, it’s easy to make and can be done at home in just a few minutes. Here’s how:
- Gather your materials. For this recipe, you’ll need a small container with a lid (like a dropper bottle), geranium flowers, carrier oil (such as jojoba or avocado oil), and pure essential oils (such as lavender or peppermint).
- Add your geranium flowers to the container.
- Add enough carrier oil to cover the flowers and stir well.
- Add your pure essential oils of choice and stir again.
- Close the lid of the container and store it in a cool, dark place for up to six months.
Benefits Of Using Geranium Essential Oil
Geranium essential oil is a natural way to improve your mood and well-being. It has been used for centuries to treat a variety of issues, such as anxiety, depression, and stress. Here are some of the benefits of using this essential oil:
- Geranium essential oil can help improve your mood and anxiety levels.
- It has been used to treat depression and tension headaches.
- It can help reduce inflammation and pain in the body.
- It can be used for aromatherapy for relaxation and stress relief.
How To Use Geranium Essential Oil
Geranium essential oil is a popular and versatile oil that can be used in many different ways. Here are five ways to use geranium oil:
- Geranium oil can be used as a general-purpose tonic for the entire body. Add a few drops to carrier oils and massage into the skin until fully absorbed.
- Geranium oil has antibacterial and antiviral properties, making it a great choice for treating various skin infections. Add a few drops to a warm bath and soak until relaxed.
- For optimal skin health, add 2-3 drops of geranium oil to your nightly skincare routine. This will help improve the look and feel of your skin while helping to diminish signs of aging.
- Geranium oil has been shown to be effective in reducing inflammation and promoting healing. Add 2-3 drops to carrier oils and use as a topical treatment for injuries or sore muscles.
- Finally, geranium oil can also be used as an energizing scent for any room – especially those with a floral aroma appeal. Add 1-2 drops to diffuser materials like water bottles or tea bags and enjoy!
If you’re like me, you love the look and scent of natural products but don’t have time to go out and buy them every time you need them. That’s why I decided to share with you one of my favorite DIY projects: making your own essential oil! Not only is this project easy to do, it also allows you to choose the scent that best suits your needs. Whether you want a relaxing smell for use in the bedroom or an energizing scent for use in the morning, there is a recipe available that will suit your needs. So what are you waiting for? Get started on your own batch of essential oils today!