Basil Essential Oil is an easy way to make your own (DIY) Basil Essential Oil. Follow these simple steps and you will be able to make your very own oils at home with a few ingredients that you probably already have on hand!
How To Make Basil Essential Oil
Basil essential oil is a great way to add some freshness and flavor to your day. Here is how to make your own basil essential oil:
- Start by gathering your ingredients. You will need Basil leaves, carrier oil, and essential oil.
- Choose a carrier oil that you trust. I recommend using jojoba or grapeseed oil because they are both light and non-greasy. Add a few drops of your chosen essential oil to the carrier oil before adding the basil leaves.
- Place the basil leaves in a diffuser or even directly on your skin if you want them to have more of an aroma. Let the herbs infuse the oils for at least 30 minutes before taking them off of the heat.
- Store the basil essential oil in a glass bottle or dark container in a cool, dark place.
Benefits Of Using Basil Oil
- Basil oil is a natural and effective compound that has been used for centuries for its numerous health benefits. Here are just a few of the reasons why you should consider using basil oil in your daily routine:
- Basil oil can be used to treat a variety of ailments, including colds, flu, sinus infections, and bronchitis. Basil oil is also good for treating skin problems such as acne, psoriasis, and eczema.
- Basil oil has antioxidant properties that can help protect the body against damage caused by free radicals. In addition, basil oil is also known to promote healthy blood flow and circulation.
- Finally, basil oil has been shown to have anti-inflammatory effects which can help reduce pain and inflammation associated with various conditions.
How To Use Basil Essential Oil
- Basil is a versatile, all-natural essential oil that can be used in a variety of ways. Here are five easy ways to use basil essential oil:
- Basil is a great addition to your home fragrance arsenal. Add a few drops to diffuser pads or directly to your wrists for a refreshing, invigorating scent.
- Basil can also help improve your mood and concentration. Add a few drops to diffuser pads or apply directly to the skin before bed for a relaxing sleep experience.
- Basil can help fight bacteria and infections, especially when used in conjunction with other antibacterial essential oils like tea tree oil or lavender. Add a few drops of basil to carrier oil and massage into the skin to relieve bacterial strains and congestion.
- Basil is also known for its anti-inflammatory properties, so adding it to your skincare routine can help improve conditions like psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis. Apply diluted basil oil directly to the affected area twice a day for best results.
As someone with a passion for essential oils, I love the idea of being able to make my own products at home. While doing so can be expensive (especially if you are buying high-quality oil distillates), it is definitely worth it in the long run. Not only will you have control over the ingredients and quality of your product, but you will also know exactly what’s going into it. Whether you are looking to use essential oils for health benefits or to add a little extra zing to your life, making your own products is an excellent way to do so.
Thanks for reading!