Angelica root essential oil is commonly sourced from the roots of Angelica Sinensis plants. This oil can be a common ingredient in skincare and hair care products, as well as a flavoring agent for ginseng tea and onions on pizza, burgers, soups, or salad dressings.
How To Make Angelica Root Essential Oil
Angelica root essential oil has a sweet, balsamic flavor and is thought to be helpful in treating a variety of conditions such as anxiety, depression, and fatigue. To make your own angelica root essential oil, you’ll need to harvest the root yourself and extract the oil. Here are instructions on how to do it:
- Harvest angelica roots during the flowering stage by clipping off the top 2 or 3 leaves of the plant. The roots should be fresh and free from any dirt or dust. Avoid roots that are wilted or damaged.
- Place the angelica root in a jar or bottle filled with cold water and soak for 30 minutes. Remove the angelica root and let it dry for about an hour before extracting the oil. To do this, wash the angelica root well using cool water then place it in a pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, begin stirring regularly until the root begins to release oils. Be careful not to overcook the root or it will become tough. Reduce heat to low when the oil begins to boil then let simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Allow the oil to cool then pour it into a glass bottle
Benefits Of Using Angelica Root Oil
Angelica root essential oil is reportedly a natural and effective treatment for a variety of issues, from anxiety and depression to skin conditions. Additionally, angelica root oil is said to improve mental clarity and focus. Here are some of the benefits of using angelica root oil:
Angelica Root Oil Is Reported To Be A Natural Treatment For Anxiety & Depression
One of the most popular uses for angelica root oil is as a natural treatment for anxiety and depression. According to proponents of this method, angelica root oil works because it helps to naturally relieve stress and anxiety.
Angelica Root Oil Is Also Known As A Effective Treatment For Skin Conditions
Angelica root oil is also reported to be an effective treatment for a variety of skin conditions. Some examples include eczema, psoriasis, and acne. In addition, angelica root oil is also said to improve overall skin health and complexion.
Angelica Root Oil Helps To Increase Mental Clarity & Focus
Another benefit of angelica root oil is that it allegedly helps to increase mental clarity and focus. According to some experts, angelica root oil helps to reduce stress levels and alleviates mental fog.
How To Use Angelica Root Essential Oil
Angelica root essential oil is a great addition to any aromatic blend! The oil has been used for centuries to improve mental clarity and promote overall well-being. Inhaling angelica root oil can help clear your sinuses and lungs while helping reduce inflammation in the body. Here are three ways to use angelica root essential oil:
- Add 1-2 drops of angelica root essential oil to a diffuser or aromatherapy pillowcase to enjoy its calming effects at home.
- Use angelica root essential oil topically to help address skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis, or eczema. Dilute the oil in a carrier oil before applying it to the skin for best results.
- Take an Angelica Root Essential Oil tincture for added benefits when you need quick relief from stress or pain. Pour 2-4 drops of tincture onto a small glass container such as an atomizer, then fill the container with hot water. Shake well before using it for optimal absorption.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this DIY – Angelica Root Essential Oil tutorial. If you haven’t yet, be sure to check out our main page where you can find more of our favorite (and easy!) tutorials. In the meantime, make sure to have some Angelica Root essentials on hand so that you can start using this essential oil for your health and beauty needs today!